Senior Flood Risk Engineer – SDD Team
The Sustainable Development and Delivery (SDD) Team provide a range of transport planning, traffic engineering and infrastructure design services to support development proposals all around the UK.
In order to support growth – not just in the volume of our workload but also critically in the breadth of the services that we offer – we are looking to recruit a Senior Flood Risk Analyst within our Bristol or Sheffield office.
The candidate will have experience and expertise in the provision of Flood Risk Assessments, drainage strategies and design, (hydraulic modelling would be a benefit but not essential) , and the ability to technically lead, manage and deliver a wide range of projects in flood risk and drainage. The role will also involve developing and winning new work in flood risk and drainage sectors.
We can offer good opportunities to candidates with flood risk, hydraulic modelling and drainage backgrounds. For this senior flood risk analyst post, we are looking for candidates with the skills, experience and attributes set out below. If you feel you are the right candidate for this position then please send us a CV and a covering letter to email@example.com telling us why you think you’ll be right for us, and us for you. Please provide specifics on the skills you have against those listed as being essential, desirable and useful.
- Flood risk management experience, including the use of WinDES/Micro Drainage software suite plus technically leading and managing projects
- Preparation of Outline Drainage Strategies
- Project management and work winning experience
- Client Facing, proposal writing and report reviewing/approval experience
- Hydraulic modelling experience
- Surface water and foul drainage design experience
- Sustainable drainage (SuDS) design experience
Please respond with your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For an informal conversation about this vacancy, please contact David Baber on 07551 122449