An exciting opportunity has arisen at DLP Planning Ltd (London) for a Planner.
RTPI accredited degree or masters preferably at 2:1 level or above
Recently graduated with experienced gained through internship placements or up to 2 year’s experience. Candidate should be working towards RTPI membership.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Reviewing and preparing site planning histories
- Undertaking planning policy reviews
- Preparing draft planning enquiry forms
- Preparing draft planning applications including forms; covering letters and supporting statements
- Reviewing technical consultants input
- Liaising with other members of design team
- Preparing draft representations to Local Plan consultations
- Preparing draft written representations
- Responding to client queries
- Ensuring files are well managed and QA procedures are followed
- Representing DLP at events and seminars
- Keeping updated and appraised of changes in planning legislation and policy
- Undertaking communications via Linked In and Twitter
Training and CPD:
Support to be given to APC and achieving RTPI member status.
DLP (Planning) Ltd is an established consultancy with offices in London, Bedford, Milton Keynes, Sheffield, Rugby, East Midlands, Leeds, Cardiff and Bristol. The organisation has an array of private and public sector clients involved in all sectors of the development industry.
We are seeking expressions of interest from Graduates / Assistant Planners who are looking to start / progress their careers in town planning. Candidates will have an RTPI accredited degree or masters and will be working towards their RTPI membership. The position will be based at our London Office in Clerkenwell.
Your role will be to assist in the preparation of pre-application enquiries; planning applications; Local Plan representations and appeals, including undertaking research and site visits under the supervision of a senior team member. Knowledge or experience of the planning in London is useful but not essential.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and ambitious team player who is able to show initiative and is self-motivated. Good communications skills are paramount to the role as you will be required to liaise with clients, colleagues and local authorities throughout the planning process.
The Practice offers a flexible and competitive salary and benefits and the opportunity to work on a range of projects in a supportive team environment. You will be provided with substantial support and ample opportunities for future progression within the consultancy.
To learn more about DLP (Planning) Ltd please visit www.dlpconsultants.co.uk
If you wish to discuss the role please contact Emma Beardmore (07495 112979) and to apply email a CV and covering letter explaining why this role is for you to Fay Wagstaff at firstname.lastname@example.org