DLP (Planning) Ltd is pleased to have secured planning permission for a proposed car park with 198 spaces at Nottingham Trent University’s Brackenhurst Campus.
The Brackenhurst Campus is home to the University’s School of Animal, Rural and Environmental Sciences based around a former countryside estate with landscaped gardens and a country house constructed in 1828.
The application comprised of one element of a number of interrelated developments intended to deliver a wider masterplan for the Campus. In this regard the car park was required in order to provide replacement car parking to release the existing car parks which are earmarked for future development and to also provide additional spaces that are forecast to be required as the Campus continues to grow in the short to medium term.
DLP acted as agent for the application, submitting the application to Newark and Sherwood District Council and providing a Statement in support of the development. The Statement demonstrated that the proposed development was wholly in accordance with the relevant neighbourhood and local planning policies and the policies of the National Planning Policy Framework. In particular the Statement demonstrated that the development would be of low impact in terms of the materials and landscaping proposed in order to ensure that the development assimilated into its rural surroundings.
The application was granted planning permission by delegated powers, subject to a number of conditions.